In a digitally transforming world which is full of thousands of apps and websites it’s hard to know exactly what resources can help you grow your business and keep your team’s wellbeing safe.
Our latest blog explores some apps we think are the most useful for businesses and their teams. Here are our top 10 apps for business owners.
Apps for wellbeing
1. Build mindfulness with Headspace which provides a guided meditation programme based on your routines in order to support you and your team to reduce stress levels, increase focus and improve sleeping patterns which will in turn increase productivity. It’s only £9.99 per person, per month for a rolling subscription with a 7-day free trial or £49.99 per year paid in advance with a 14-day free trial
2. Form positive habits with streaks. Steaks is a to-do list that helps you to form good habits and holds you accountable to all of your goals. You can track up-to 12 tasks that you would like to complete each day and the goal is to build a streak of consecutive days. Whether it is going for a run, reading a chapter of a book, or quitting smoking – Streaks can help you keep track of these tasks.
Apps for workspace efficiency
3. Stay on top of your Social Media Management with Hootsuite which helps you to Create, schedule, publish, and manage your content and ad campaigns across social networks from a single dashboard supporting you to maximise the impact for your social media marketing by providing you with real-time insights so that you are able to focus on other areas of your business. with the added benefit Hootsuite academy you have access to a ton of free courses and resources to develop your knowledge and strategy.
4. CRM software isn’t just about contact management. HubSpot has free tools for everyone on your team including contact, deal, and task management; email tracking and engagement notifications; email templates and scheduling; document sharing, meeting scheduling, live chat, and sales quotes. It starts from as little as £26 per month for individuals and small teams, including just 2 paid users or £729 per month for larger teams.
5. Level up your graphics with Canva. Pictures grab the attention of your audience. Did you know that businesses who feature visual content grow their traffic an average of 12 times faster than those who don’t? Our brains were built for visual information, we love to consume and share pictures, infographics, and videos. Canva is free to use, allowing you to create picture collages and pre-formatted social posts across the most popular channels. Whether you choose to start with one of their templates or upload your own elements, Canva creates graphics that look great. The free version is likely to do the job, but at less than £100 per year the Pro version gives extra tools, resources, and stock imagery.
6. Need to edit a PDF but don’t have Adobe? PDF24 allows you to access everything you need to manage PDFs online and be more productive – completely free.
7. Take notes like a pro with Evernote. Evernote is a note taking app that syncs across all of your devices for easy access to those all important notes. It’s one of the most impressive note-taking apps in terms of search. Evernote makes losing notes a thing of the past by backing up to your computer. The search function is accurate and fast which lets you find exactly what you’re looking for when you need it.
8. Keep up -to-date with what your team is working on and make sure they’re not overloaded with Trello, a task management app, Trello’s strength lays in its card system – where every task detail can be tracked, managed, and shared with other members of your team. This includes checklists, due dates, attachments, notes, and color-coded tags.
9. Spotify for your audible learners. While Spotify is better known for its music streaming services it is also becoming increasing popular for accessing podcasts which is extremely useful for team members who don’t enjoy reading.
10. Finally, keep up to date with all the latest industry trend and market news with Economist Espresso. It’s easy to navigate and scroll through the daily abstracts of world events before diving into something that interests you and your business. A great way to spend 10 minutes over your breakfast or morning commute.
There you have it, our top 10 apps for business owners. We hope our latest blog has been able to offer you some insight into some of the best apps on the market without having to spend hours researching.
Do you have any apps you recommend that haven’t made it to our list? Let us know.
Want to know more about The Base?
The Base is a Grade-A office and co-working space in the centre of Warrington that’s home to many market leading digital technology and advanced engineering companies. Whilst calling The Base your home, you will have access to free business support, including marketing, tax, legal advice, as well as help with innovation, research, and development.